FRC Gazebo System. Greater resistance, enhanced durability, less pollution.
The Fiber-Reinforced Concrete (FRC) Gazebo System is the most advanced system for manufacturing prefabricated monolithic tanks.
Research and development into this fiber-reinforced concrete system was carried out in collaboration with the R&D department of BASF Master Builder Solutions.
Together Gazebo and BASF have come up with second generation monolithic tanks offering outstanding benefits:
- Greater durability
- Increased ductility
- Greater tensile and flexural strength
- Improved chemical resistance in aggressive environments
- Total absence of micro cracks
- Complete impermeability
- Greater fire resistance
- Reduction of environmental pollution.
Technical features of the FRC Gazebo System.
FRC is made with synthetic fibers, obtained from the extrusion of polypropylene-based polymers.
This enhances the strength of the concrete, considerably increasing its toughness and ductility.
The FRC curing process is accelerated by hardening catalysts but without using steam.
Adding special nanoparticles diluted into a water suspension to the fresh concrete mix helps increase the internal hydration temperature and thus speeds up the curing process.
Thanks to this innovative technique, the thermal energy normally generated is eliminated, it is easier to control the curing temperature, the mould release time of the prefabricated elements is reduced to within 10 hours of pouring, and the compressive strength of the concrete, even after short curing, is considerably higher: 35-40 N/mm 10 hours after being poured.
FRC is water-repellent.
FRC is water-repellent because it contains innovative chemical additives with a very high degree of fineness, sealing the capillary porosities which are created between the cement particles.
- Made with PORTLAND CEMENT (in compliance with UNI EN 197-1) with type 1 mineral additives (calcium carbonate “ventilated filler”) and aggregates that comply with UNI EN 12620.
- SCC mix.
- Contains synthetic fibers obtained from the extrusion of polypropylene-based polymers.
C50/60 (Rck ≥ 600 kg/cm2)
C60/75 (Rck ≥ 750 kg/cm2)
EXPOSURE CLASSES (in compliance with UNI EN 206-1)
XC4 (concrete resistant to corrosion induced by carbonation),
XS2/XD2 (concrete resistant to corrosion induced by chlorides),
XF1 (concrete resistant to freeze/thaw attack),
XA2 (high sulphate resistant concrete),
XA3 (very high sulphate resistant concrete).
Characteristics of the FRC monolithic tanks.
- Greater tensile and flexural strength of the concrete.
- Crack resistance:
- Internal steel reinforcements with upgraded adhesion and type B450C electrically welded mesh, factory tested, in compliance with Italian Ministerial Decree of 14.01.2008.
- External and internal surfaces with open face finish which is totally free of porosity and gravel nests.
– resistance to first crack: 4.00 MPa
– residual crack resistance: 1.00 MPa.
Gazebo for professionals.
Gazebo helps designers, plant engineers, building contractors. It offers free design services, technical support, promptly drawn up projects, on-site visits and inspections, technical assistance up to installation and short lead times.